Lets try this again. I hit the gym, and late last night i got around to sanding the cursed part. The miliput actually worked out quite well and I didn’t have to do much sanding. I will have to remember to use the stuff on my next project since one of the two parts of the miliput has a nice layer of oxidation around it that needs to be cut away before mixing. When storing miliput, use some ziplog bags to reduce the oxidation and preserve the life of this rather expensive putty.
Last night, I put on the decals for Kanu’s robe. I use some Mr Mark softer to help melt the decal to conform to the curves of the robe and left it to sit over night. Tonight, I decided to take some final pictures of the completed robe. After which, I figured I could finally put the entire kit together and take some completion pictures. After several months of work, motivation loss, frustration working to get the robe just right and paint it…. I was finished…. or so I thought….
Busy weekend. Friday night, I assembled the sub parts for the Tekkaman Evil commission kit and took pictures of the completed kit. I experimented with my photography, using a diffuser for my flash; so some of the pictures may look a little different form my past photos. Before the build gathering, I went down to my local AutoZone where I had ordered a K&N Cold Air/Short Ram intake kit, and then installed it to my tC. Folks started showing up to the build gathering as I finished up the install. The build gathering was fairly successful, we ended up going out to El Farolito for dinner. We had about 16 people at the gathering. My free time during the gathering went to working on the Kanu kit and with the masking work completed, I should be able to finish the kit this week. Sean F brought a couple of cds with pictures from OrangeCon 2008, and I have those pictures uploaded to the website. Here are a few sample pictures from the weekend, more pictures and details about the weekend after the jump.