Last night, I put on the decals for Kanu’s robe. I use some Mr Mark softer to help melt the decal to conform to the curves of the robe and left it to sit over night. Tonight, I decided to take some final pictures of the completed robe. After which, I figured I could finally put the entire kit together and take some completion pictures. After several months of work, motivation loss, frustration working to get the robe just right and paint it…. I was finished…. or so I thought….

kanu1_6_prog 293_jpg.jpg kanu1_6_prog 294_jpg.jpg kanu1_6_prog 295_jpg.jpg kanu1_6_prog 297_jpg.jpg

After taking some quick shots of the completed robe, I put it aside to set up the table for final pictures. While setting up the photo studio. my infinite ability to utterly fuck something up decides that now would be a wonderful time to go and, well, fuck something up. As I fiddle with the photography backdrop, things on my table shift, which then push the perfectly pristine and completed robe off the table. WHAM! It take a few seconds for the crash and exactly what crashed to register in my retarded brain. Picking up the robe, the two pieces that caused the most headache and most trouble on the whole of the kit, have returned like the long lost uncle that everyone hates…

kanu1_6_prog 298_jpg.jpg

Expletive, expletive, expletive! Well, at least it didn’t break into four pieces. Regardless, I calm down and do some damage assessment. The two decals on those pieces are just going to be gone. I can probably fix the seam and salvage having to paint the ribbon pieces without any masking. But I will need to fix that fucking seam, for the hundredth time. Grabbing some epoxy glue, the two parts are glued. I leave to hit the gym and focus my frustrations on losing weight.

Returning from the gym, I sanded away the glue and applied some light curing putty and sand it away. The uneven seam is still there…. time for some more drastic measures. I break out the milliput. I hate milliput because I’m not too fond of the clay like consistency. However, since these two parts are not load bearing pieces, the clay like consistency will work in my favor as I can apply on a thin layer and press it into shape, and that should conform to the surface perfectly. My only worries now are that when come time to sand, the stupid miliput chips off. So some care in sanding will be necessary tomorrow.

kanu1_6_prog 299_jpg.jpg kanu1_6_prog 300_jpg.jpg kanu1_6_prog 301_jpg.jpg

I really ought to stop forecasting when I believe I would finish a project because karma, Murphy’s Law, my clumsiness, and dumb fucking luck will always rear it’s ugly head and bite me in the nads. I hope to sand and polish the robe tomorrow then get some paint and try once again to finish the stupid project. It is a wonder why I’ve lost motivation and drive to finish this bloody kit.

This Post Has 3 Comments

  1. dhcloud

    Well think of it this way, it was complete… then it was damaged. So… at least you finished once and get to finish it again. Or are we going by the “pics or it didn’t happen” rule and no pics of it all together means it wasn’t finished. Still sucks…. at least it was just the robe and not the whole kit.

  2. GameraBaenre

    Heh, the issue’s been fixed.. *sigh* would have been much better if I didin’t have to; but at least I have this on record and eventually, I can compile all the fun little screw ups I do and do a “how to fix mistakes” tutorial 😀

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.