Nov 282008
 

Thanksgiving day update. I did a decent amount of work last night, and today. I had the family over for Thanksgiving, made dinner and entertained, and was still able to get a good amount of work on the kit done. I’m getting much closer to finishing. Below are the finished foot, spear piece, and shoulder with the metallic green kandy finish.

tekkaman_blade_com 058_jpg.jpg tekkaman_blade_com 059_jpg.jpg tekkaman_blade_com 063_jpg.jpg

Continue reading »

Nov 262008
 

The painting resumed last night. I picked up some Mr Color wine red and another red from the local hobby store on my way home. The red parts were repainted. The first picture below is a comparison between the wine red and russet that I use the previous night. The wine red is a much darker red and will work to help create shading effects. Next I used Finisher’s bright red and painted the parts using a preshading technique that bases off the darker red base color.

tekkaman_blade_com 018_jpg.jpg tekkaman_blade_com 019_jpg.jpg tekkaman_blade_com 020_jpg.jpg

Continue reading »

Nov 252008
 

I started working on the kit a few weeks ago. Parts were glued and sanded. I skipped taking pictures of the test fit phase and a few other steps, I just didn’t have time. This is also the reason for this late of an update from when I first started working on the kit. This is the second kit of the series I’ve been commissioned to build. I’ve learned a good deal from the Evil kit and that should translate to a much higher quality build for this kit.

mgb18 029_jpg.jpg mgb18 030_jpg.jpg

Continue reading »