Apr 032008
 

Another size comparison picture, using an hguc RGM-79D cold climate GM, this really shows off the shear massiveness that is the Nu.

hguc_nu_prog%20016_jpg.jpg

Small little update to the hguc nus I’ve been working on. On one of the kits, I replaced the backpack thrusters with metal thrusters from Ako Hobby. I’m using the same thrusters for the legs as well. I start by cutting the thruster bell off the stock piece using a hasegawa tritool saw. These saws are very thin and the amount of material removed by the sawing process is minimal so they work great for such applications.

hguc_nu_prog%20017_jpg.jpg hguc_nu_prog%20018_jpg.jpg

After removing the thruster bell, the area is then sanded slightly with a low grit sanding stick. This helps level the surface and give added surface area for the glue. The metal thruster is then glued into place. I used an epoxy glue for added strength.

hguc_nu_prog%20019_jpg.jpg

Here are a few comparison shots, the first is the replaced leg thruster and the second is the backpack thrusters.

hguc_nu_prog%20020_jpg.jpg hguc_nu_prog%20025_jpg.jpg

I think the bigger and longer thruster give a more robust look to the kit.

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

(required)

(required)

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.