A few days of rest after AX is always healthy; but I’m still fairly gunplaed out after pushing pretty hard to finish the sucker punch diorama. I’ve still not taken a quick video showing the kit with all it’s lights and morse conversation between the two zeonic suits; but I’ll get around to it soon.

From AX, Volks was in the exhibit hall and while I didn’t really put much faith in seeing resin kits. The booth was fairly simple with some display pieces; and historically, most booths with these figures were not selling kits. I did notice some FSS kits they were selling, all plastic and no resin. But I asked about resin figures and they pointed to a sign right in front of me with their whole line of charagumi kits. Picking up my jaw off the floor, I immediately asked if they had the Revy kit. I’ve been interested in this kit for a while as well as the Saber kit; but I was immediately suckered into picking up the Revy kit. I am usually pretty good at walking away from AX without picking up a single kit; but damn, I could not pass up getting at least one kit from Volks. I hope they did well enough that they come back next year.

Cracking open the kit, the parts separation is amazing. They are using colored resin. There are still gates that need to be removed and mold lines that need sanding. But baring any pinholes, it would be as simple as just clear coating the thing, gluing everything together, and adding the decals. But like the colored bandai kits, I will be priming and painting this kit. It will definitely be an easier resin figure kit; but the same work for any resin kit is needed.

Another note about this kit is the extra parts. The kit comes with two heads, one with her mouth open biting down on a gun mag; then another with her mouth closed. There are also options on her left hand, either holding another gun mag, or holding the second gun. This leads to options for the holsters; an extra empty holster and one that has a gun holstered. Pretty damn cool to include all these extra parts; and effectively, all the parts can be painted and then interchanged.

I did some quick clipping and rough sanding; then pinned some of the major components together for a quick test fit. I like the look of her holding onto the mags; but I’m debating on if I want her dual wielding.

I pulled the kit apart after snapping some pictures then got to work on sanding away the mold lines. Even though the resin is very nicely colored, there are still mold lines on all the parts. I did find some pinholes just from the initial sanding, so those were filled with light curing putty. During this past week’s TGG & Friends live broadcast, I spent time working on sanding and filling.

The parts are thrown into the vat of purple cleaner. The parts will sit in the cleaner overnight to remove any excess mold release.

After sitting in the cleaner over night, the parts are thrown into the ultrasonic cleaner and scrubbed. Laying the parts out on a paper towel to dry, then placed on skewers prepped for priming.

This should be a fairly quick build. Not too bad, 7 months into the year and already working on my 3rd resin figure kit. 300% improve over last year already.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.