Apr 252008
 

Small update from the past two days of work. I got the arm pod with battery pack built.

airman_prog%20034_jpg.jpg

More sanding work on the body.

airman_prog%20038_jpg.jpg

Aquament epoxy putty work on the body for finer details and filling.

airman_prog%20039_jpg.jpg

Another test with the LEDs one with a resistor and one without, I’ll be going with a resistor along the parallel setup.

airman_prog%20042_jpg.jpg

Next up is a little mockup of what I have so far. I used an MG Dom hand in lieu of scratch building my own, saves on time and I think the Dom’s fat fingers and hand fit the project decently. For the arm pod/battery pack, I used some hollowed out PVC pipe capped it with some styrene strips, then placed some barrels in a tri-barrel configuration. The more I look at the setup, I think I want to cut the barrels down more just to balance things out a bit. I also need to point the LEDs forward as opposed to pointing down. There are a few other modifications I’ll probably make as I look at the mock up more. But for now…

airman_prog%20043_jpg.jpg airman_prog%20045_jpg.jpg

  2 Responses to “Things are shaping up…”

  1. That’s one wicked custom bashing. COOL!

  2. Thanks, I’m having quite a bit of fun working on it… more than I thought I would. I’m switched off the project to return to the Nus… I want to finish off the glossy version and get the other version ready for some demos at the next build gathering.

    I’m just happy to have inspiration to work on so many things right now. 😀

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: