Feb 172014
 

Since this is the actual body paint posting, I’m including a few pictures from the previous post so there is some better continuity. Weeks ago, I grabbed some plastic spoons to do paint tests. I used different base metallic paints and different clear reds from various brands before settling in on the three colors I have below. The process arduous, and I went through 10 different combinations before settling down. Below are the three colors to match up with the color scheme on the instructions. The lighter tone uses a mixture of clear pink, a small amount of clear orange, and clear red for tonal changes, sprayed over alclad super bright silver. The red is just Finisher’s clear red over alclad super bright silver. The deep red areas are finisher’s clear red over alclad polished brass.

Also in this post, 3D printing!

Continue reading »

Jan 192014
 

Granted this latest Sazabi kit is pretty damn nice right out of the box, but there are a few things that bugged me or things that I wanted to do, so starting off, I decided to beef up the chest. As a starting point, I used a strip of styrene, and just glued down the center line of the chest. I just eye ball this. For you engineers out there, grab the ruler, some masking tape, and a pencil; then make the correct measurements and draw in the area where the strip should go. I for one, am usually too lazy to do that and I just eyeball it. The paper clips are used to keep the styrene in place. The styrene is the base structure for the mod here. I also added an additional piece of plastic rod down the center line of the chest piece.

Continue reading »

Jan 202011
 

So, early last week, I started working on this kit the day after I posted about the Bearguy ver Panda. Granted, I should just focus on the Hi Nu, but a few things got me inspired to do the Sazabi. I’m starting to get a higher appreciation for 1/144 scaled kits, granted the Saz is a fairly large 1/144 scale kit, but for all intents and purposes, it is still a 1/144 kit. The parts count is easier to handle and the potential for little modifications are pretty good – speaking specifically about the Saz in comparison to the MG sized version. I’ve been wanting to crack out the drill, files, knives, plastic tubes, strips, metal collars and a whole list of modification parts to tinker with a kit. For those that have been following the forum post about this, go ahead and skip this post. This is just a blog post discussing the build so far, as it has been a little over a week’s worth of work.

Continue reading »