I kinda picked apart my Keroro G-3 for the frame and some of the exterior armor pieces. I also grabbed some spare parts pieces from an older PGM 1/100 conversion kit that I had bashed and have since turned to scrap. We were broadcasting our second TGG & Friends Live, and just wanted to work on something. And then sometimes, you just do things to make your friends laugh. This is one of those times. Its time to retire Keroro G3, so with a somewhat heavy heart, I scrapped him and started to work on this, trying to preserve as much as the G3 (I don’t know why, because some of the parts were actually used..) I got the kit ready for paint after the broadcast and there it sat for two weeks until our third TGG & Friends Live broadcast. I cranked up the spray booth and spent the time painting the kit during the broadcast.
I spent the day spraying touch-ups, spraying clears, and applying some old decals that were starting to rub off. It’s a throwaway piece, but I still wanted some decals on it. This past Saturday was the monthly build gathering, so all I really had left was a clear gloss to protect the decals, a panel line wash, clean up, and a final clear flat. Things I could easily do while drunk off my ass, as it didn’t involved sharp pointy things.
This morning, a few of us from TGG went to the Robo Toy Fest to judge their newly added Gundam Model contest. And I brought the little guy out as our mini display of our works. We had a pretty good turnout at the event with 15 entrants. A good number of folks that attend SCGMC where there, so that was very cool to see. And we sold some 2015 and 2014 SCGMC T-shirts. But I digress. Tonight, I added some pastels to the exit wounds as burn marks and took some pictures of the quick and fun little project. And hopefully folks get a nice little laugh from this. Who knows, maybe we can use this as some inspiration to create a 1/100 Gunpla Bust Chess set.