1/100 Hazel Conversion Completed

Original pictures:



Update Information:

August 4, 2005 Completed the Hazel Conversion kit from Peter Savin (Bawoo). I had alot of fun with the kit modifying it into the current pose. I made a couple of changes that I did not note in the progress page. I decided to build at least one of the booster shields, and to my surprise the kit actually holds it up quite well. Adding the internal wire frame makes a big difference, the kit would not be able to hold the shield without it. Also I change my mind on the display base. I originally wanted to paint the base chrome, but due to the unevenness of the wood, the chrome would not have came out the way I wanted it to. I then went with a color shifting paint scheme for the base, but it really did not match up with the kit too well. At suggestion from a fellow modeler (thanks P-Trax) I went looking for mirrored perspex. The guy at my local plastic supplier had a perplexed look when I mentioned it, but said he had "mirrored acrylic" for which I believe is the similar. So I picked up a couple of scrap pieces, enough to make more bases. And then set to create a new base. And the results are below. Enjoy the pictures.

August 5, 2005: Trimed down the eyes because they were too big and retook the pictures.




Ad Crap: