HGUC Sinanju 
Damn, it's gone blue
Damn, it's gone blue

Post HGUC Sinanju
Those of you that were at the Dec. model meet last night probably remember me stealing this from Dan @onion9@ Normally i'd take a new kit and put it on my pile for later building.. but having recently watched the 2nd episode of Gundam Unicorn, and this awesome mobile suit ingrained in my head, I felt like I had to move this one up. Plus, I just felt like snapping it together after a few beers at the meet..

I finished snapping today. I probably won't do any major modifications to this one, if any at all.. still thinking about it, but anyways, here's a few pics I took.

For size reference, here's a couple shots of it next to my hguc Marasai, and MG GM Custom. It's a pretty good sized kit for 1/144 scale.

I like the fists on this kit. Not your standard, fist with a square hole to put stuff in. The fingers are closed off. Almost b-club hands style.

It's got a few little gimmicks like the opening 'booster wings' or whatever you want to call them. You can see the one up close is open, the one behind is closed.

So, since I'm still working on the Maschinen Kreiger AFS suit, this will probably be slow going.. multiple builds and all.. @onion4@ But just thought you guys'd like to see.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:04 pm
I should post less, and build more

Great 1/144 kit u go na do any custom paint job? Btw nice mini review excellent pictures

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:27 pm
Loves the smell of plastic in the mor'in
Loves the smell of plastic in the mor'in

Post Re: HGUC Sinanju
I've got this kit snapped as well. I think the stock kit looks good as is, so no need for any major mods. Just some extra detailing here and there to spice things up @onion9@ .

By the way, how's the waist joint holding up? Not sure if the shield/gun will do their part to balance the weight, but I noticed that the upper body leans backward due to the weight of the backpack. I ended up adding yellow submarine joint to solve the problem.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:30 pm
Damn, it's gone blue
Damn, it's gone blue

OctaverSR1 wrote:
I've got this kit snapped as well. I think the stock kit looks good as is, so no need for any major mods. Just some extra detailing here and there to spice things up @onion9@ .

By the way, how's the waist joint holding up? Not sure if the shield/gun will do their part to balance the weight, but I noticed that the upper body leans backward due to the weight of the backpack. I ended up adding yellow submarine joint to solve the problem.

Seamless addition there..

Mine seems to balance ok. I might get one of those flight stands for this one so it shouldn't be an issue, and yeah, I like the stock colors of this suit, but a few little details should help round it out.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:59 pm
Snorts Resin/Plastic Dust

Nice one Brandon, turn out real good!!!!!!!!!! love it!!!

Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:12 pm
Contributor
Contributor

WOW!!!! looks really good brandon!!!!

Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:18 pm
Damn, it's gone blue
Damn, it's gone blue

I was thinking last night about paint. I might go with a kind of digital camo scheme similar to what Clem did on his Gouf Custom, and what I did on my Zeta a couple years ago..

I was never really happy with this Zeta.. I think I made the colors too dark. Just something about it overall that doesn't satisfy me. Hopefully the Sinanju will end up better.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:53 am

Y'know-
I think there's nothing wrong with a not-WHITE Gundam.

The GP02 is a sandy/khaki color and its still one of my favorites. And Delta Gundam (Hyaku-shiki).

I like the geometric masks on your zeta.
What do you think is unsatisfactory about it? The color selection? See I like Zeta's design but I don't think I'd ever make one match the anime color placement (I'd want to change more of the colors and the placement of said colors like the shins-forearms- maybe even the shoulders).

While the gundam palette is iconic, I've never particularly loved it. I guess the colors on titular Gundams just aren't broken up in the right places or something. IE I think FAZZ has a better color distribution than the more famous ZZ. But then when they went all-white with Unicorn, I found myself kinda missing the blue torso...
weird huh?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:17 pm
Damn, it's gone blue
Damn, it's gone blue

I don't like bright white for Gundams either (although Unicorn looks ok to me), so it's not the fact that it's not white. I think it's just the shades I used. Like the red is slightly too dark, the blues have too much red in the mix where it should be more of a brighter blue IMO. The greys are ok, but I also think the yellow is too bright to match the darker shades overall. It just looks kinda 'flat' overall to me. Maybe if I'd used some decals on it, that might've added a little something extra.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:03 pm

The yellow does pop a little in the bigger areas like the fin and chest, but I like it on the striping of the shoulders and shins, and the gun.

:hmmm:
I'd actually go 2 shades darker on the blue, but I'm a DARK blue kinda guy.
I prefer the Version 1 Gouf's royal blue to the Version 2's powder blue.

But I've seen powder on Zeta and royal... that's a tough call with the rest of your colors there.
The light would transition smoother with the grey
the dark blue would make a more distinguishable camo pattern.
Both have their merits >>

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:35 pm

@onion7@
Yeah rub it in some more...

The kit looks great. These HGUC and NG kits are a lot of fun since their engineering is pretty good (easy) and there aren't 300-400 parts like an MG. It's a good break if your AFS gets boring.

Please visit my website, Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010 in Hong Kong

Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:17 am

bhop wrote:
I was thinking last night about paint. I might go with a kind of digital camo scheme similar to what Clem did on his Gouf Custom, and what I did on my Zeta a couple years ago..

I was never really happy with this Zeta.. I think I made the colors too dark. Just something about it overall that doesn't satisfy me. Hopefully the Sinanju will end up better.
[ http://www.bhop73.com/models/zeta/zeta_final/zeta1.jpg ]

hi Bhop, which Zeta is this from? seems like a HG right? any conversion added to it? because the feet is really nice, but MG doesn't look like that at all...

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:39 am
Damn, it's gone blue
Damn, it's gone blue

TonyMeis wrote:
bhop wrote:

[ http://www.bhop73.com/models/zeta/zeta_final/zeta1.jpg ]

hi Bhop, which Zeta is this from? seems like a HG right? any conversion added to it? because the feet is really nice, but MG doesn't look like that at all...

It's the HGUC built oob.. no mods.. except b-club hands

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:28 pm