Weekend update: I finished building the Sol Tekkaman commission, finished the SD Gundam NT1 Alex, and entered the two, along with 4 other kits into IPMS Orange County’s annual OrangeCon competition. This was an exhausting weekend.
Mass amounts of painting is happening at the house. Gtetra is over working on the gaplant and I’m busy with the Tekkaman and added an SD Gundam NT-1 “Alex” to the mix. A few months ago, I saw another method for doing marble effects from a Hong Kong modeler Ambroseyin. I’m a sucker for trying out new techniques and I like the marble effect, the only issue is that I have trouble finding a suitable kit do test such off the wall ideas, so what better test subject than an SD kit. So off we go.
We had another build gathering this past weekend so that folks can get some final preparation in to their kits for OrangeCon which is happening in a few days from now. I’ve been steadily working on the Sol Tekkaman kit for the past few weeks and by now have gotten a decent amount of paint sprayed on the sucker. Following the jump are details on the Sol Tekkaman kit and sneak peaks at the various projects folks are finishing.
Since the Infinite Justice kit is on hold now, I started work on the Sol Tekkaman last night. Here are a few pictures of the major joining parts combined. I’m skipping the full test fit to speed up the process of the kit. All the two part pieces are glued together so that I can get to work on the seams.