Nov 072016
 

We are 6 days and counting until SCGMC 2016! And I just finished this little bugger! Not the best work, but it was fun to get a fairly quick build done. Last time I updated was right before a business trip to Toronto; so I’ve just been focused on getting the damn thing done. This would have been done a little bit sooner, but we recently added another corgi to the army. But his cuteness and all that happy jazz will slip in here and there so that the girls reading this over their guy’s monitors can all scream kawaii!!!! So there will be little corg interruption throughout the rest of this post.

There was quite a bit of work on the Saz since the last update. I’ve been doing more pictorial updates from the potato camera posted up on our TGG FB page so the little corgi addition is really at fault for the lack of a proper intermediate update. But here it is finally, and it’s also done! SCGMC, here we come!

Now this handsome fellow is Bob the Corgi. The site is basically a skeleton for the little bugger as we watch him grow and annoy the shit out of Hugo and Ken. He was born September 1st and we picked him up on Oct 27; which coincidentally is Hugo’s birthday. I don’t think he was overly happy with his 13th year birthday present.

Continue reading »

Oct 032016
 

I picked up this kit about 5 years ago to date on a trip to Hong Kong with my wife and friends. I believe I actually picked this guy up from the SMS shop in Mong Kok; the place has since moved a few times and changed names; but I think it’s still around. The folks in HK in the resin gunpla scene can point you to the right direction. The kit is basically a recast of the Vicious Project 1/144 Sazabi. It’s a full resin kit, and I figured I need to catch up to the number of Kampfers I’ve built. Counting rebuilds and this one, I’ve done 3 1/144 (first one back in 1989 I think) and 4 1/100. Ok, maybe I’ve already surpassed the number of Kampfer builds. I’ve pulled the parts from the box a few times over the years but ended up shelving it. I once got as far as clipping flash and small bits of sanding; but it’s gone back onto the shelves for other projects. I finally sat down and started cranking out work on it the weekend before last.

Continue reading »

Jul 152016
 

Last time I posted an update, it was for the damn V-fin that broke a few times. So with that, we go back a few days before the break as I was continued to paint the kit in parts. The upper torso was done so I took the painted parts and did a quick assembly. I’m liking this paint progress because I’m not getting burnt out with masking a ton of parts and I’m getting decent visual cookies that keep me chugging along.

The upper torso done, time to get on with the legs and feet.

Continue reading »

Apr 232013
 

This past weekend was the monthly build gathering. ‘Twas a smaller gathering which afforded some time to focus on another quick resin kit. my friend Mitchell picked up this kit form Hong Kong and gave it to me a few years ago. From the initial look, it seemed like a scaled down version of the 1/35 Nu Gundam head from G-sys. I had built one of the 35th scale Nu heads at least 8 years ago. I had started back on my 1/100 Nu project, but the stage I’m at with that required more focus that I could give at a build gathering. So with tools in hand, some sticky tack, the 7 parts that composed this kit was quickly assembled. Let see how long it will take to complete this one – yeah, complete progress after the jump.

Continue reading »

Apr 122013
 

So just shy of 3 weeks, this little quick and dirty project is done. I pulled some pictures from the previous posts showing the major miles stones starting with the simple snap fit, painted, flat coated, then weathered. It feels good to get a project done after so much time away from building. I normally try to document as much of the progress as possible so that others can learn, but sometime when I’m in the zone for building, I invariably forget about snapping a picture at certain moments, so if things are missed, or lost in translation, it should be fairly easy to assume from on progress picture to another. I’ve started to get better at writing the exact colors and brands I’m using. I find that sometimes, months or years goes by and I get a question on what color/brand I used for some kit and I have no idea, and go back to look at the progress page for that particular kit to see if it was written there or if it jogs my memory.

efreet_custom_prog

But enough of the babbling, the progress and some final pictures after the jump.

Continue reading »