Sep 032009
 

As promised, the last post was the last progression post. Tonight, I put her together and took some completed pictures. I’m fairly happy with the final results and all the work I put into the kit. The full progress page is fairly long and image intensive. Click here for the full build progression.

Continue reading »

Sep 012009
 

And I really wasn’t satisfied with how Velvet’s eyes came out, so I dunked the entire face into some Mr Color thinner and ran the ultrasonic cleaner and scrubbed all the paint off. Time to start from the beginning. This was done over the past weekend while my friend was out here for a diving trip, so down time after each dive day was spent working on our respective kits. And this allowed me to be fairly patient with Velvet’s eyes.

Continue reading »

Aug 272009
 

The last step of any figure I do is usually the eyes. I’ve very apprehensive about working on eyes as I’m still learning and getting the hang of things. The past few figures I’ve been fairly satisfied with the eye results, but this time, I’m having a little bit of trouble…

Continue reading »

Aug 212009
 

A small little update before the weekend starts. The previous night, I masked the last two parts for Velvet and painted them. Also, last night, I sprayed a layer of black enamel over the entire base. The reasoning for that should become fairly clear in the picture below. Today after allowing the enamels to cure for a day, I snapped some pictures and took a video for this technique. Video and link to full tutorial explanation after the jump.

Continue reading »

Aug 202009
 

Work continues. I wasn’t satisfied with the masking and painting job for the leg lines. The damn things are very difficult to do; so for the last few days, I’ve been thinking about how to best remedy the situation. I came down to a few potential solutions and tried them out. I also returned to working on the base.

Continue reading »

Aug 132009
 

A good 80% of the work on any resin figure is spent fixing surface issues, sanding, washing, priming, resanding, repriming, etc. With that done, the fun part comes, painting. I enjoy the painting session the most as the kit starts to really come together at this stage. The repetitive motions of sanding, priming, sanding, repeat gets laborious with nothing but gray tones and the color of the putties. Most of the parts have second layers of color paint on them. The exception to this are the red parts which have been base coated with wine red.

Continue reading »