Apr 252008
 

Small update from the past two days of work. I got the arm pod with battery pack built.

airman_prog%20034_jpg.jpg

More sanding work on the body.

airman_prog%20038_jpg.jpg

Aquament epoxy putty work on the body for finer details and filling.

airman_prog%20039_jpg.jpg

Another test with the LEDs one with a resistor and one without, I’ll be going with a resistor along the parallel setup.

airman_prog%20042_jpg.jpg

Next up is a little mockup of what I have so far. I used an MG Dom hand in lieu of scratch building my own, saves on time and I think the Dom’s fat fingers and hand fit the project decently. For the arm pod/battery pack, I used some hollowed out PVC pipe capped it with some styrene strips, then placed some barrels in a tri-barrel configuration. The more I look at the setup, I think I want to cut the barrels down more just to balance things out a bit. I also need to point the LEDs forward as opposed to pointing down. There are a few other modifications I’ll probably make as I look at the mock up more. But for now…

airman_prog%20043_jpg.jpg airman_prog%20045_jpg.jpg