Jan 182016
 

This has been a very productive weekend. Granted I was working on both kits for a while and I did start this kit a while ago and worked on it on and off over the past year, but nothing significant until I moved to the new house. Last week’s post showed some decent progress and during the downtime from the Gusion work, I focused on this, and vice versa. The box art shows the base as done in a single grey color. Almost like a tombstone. I didn’t care for it and thought it would look nicer with the Survey Corps logo painted up. As usual, I always start with the lowest surface level, which was the brick. It was also the largest surface area, so that was painted with a dark red that looked as close to your standard red brick as my colorblind eyes could see. Once that dried, it was masked off and gloss black painted for the emblem proper. Once the black cured, the emblem’s borders were painted with alclad steel.

Continue reading »

Jan 042016
 

So after SCGMC last year, real life became really busy immediately after SCGMC. I had already been packing up and getting ready to move to a new house the weeks leading up towards SCGMC; but once the show was done I was able to put full focus on the move. I had lived at my old house for about 10 years. Most of this blog has been written from this house and about the antics at this house. But circumstances called for a change; and I moved to the new place the week of Thanksgiving.

The workshop itself has gone through a few changes over the years. It started out in a very sizable 110 sq ft room for about 7 years. Then moved to a roughly 300 sq ft space for the final 3 years. My workshop at the new house is roughly 430 sq ft; which is an obscene amount of space for building little plastic robots.

With the holiday activities and trying to settle into the new home; I’ve finally gotten some time to start actually using the workshop and buil. I started working on a Dougram kit, but the project is stalled as I seem to have misplaced my tamiya basic putty – the downside to moving is that things go missing. So for the sake of just getting something quick and dirty built and painted; I brought out a resin Levi bust kit I started on early last year.

More details on the build as well as the new workshop after the jump!

Continue reading »