Oct 142009
 

This is how I deal with air bubbles found in resin kits. Sometimes these bubbles are just under the surface and while sanding to clean up mold lines or various surface defects, they are uncovered. Other times they are quite obvious and are easily spotted. And more often than not, they are not easily seen and are very small, and up until you spray that first layer of primer, do they suddenly show up all over the place. So this little tutorial will demonstrate a few methods I use to deal with this pesky little issue.

Continue reading »

May 212008
 

Quick update from the past couple of days. I pinned and glued most of the two part pieces and filled the gaps using epoxy putty. Below is the robe piece in a vice while the epoxy glue dries.

kanu1_6_prog%20018_jpg.jpg

Continue reading »

Apr 252008
 

Small update from the past two days of work. I got the arm pod with battery pack built.

airman_prog%20034_jpg.jpg

More sanding work on the body.

airman_prog%20038_jpg.jpg

Aquament epoxy putty work on the body for finer details and filling.

airman_prog%20039_jpg.jpg

Another test with the LEDs one with a resistor and one without, I’ll be going with a resistor along the parallel setup.

airman_prog%20042_jpg.jpg

Next up is a little mockup of what I have so far. I used an MG Dom hand in lieu of scratch building my own, saves on time and I think the Dom’s fat fingers and hand fit the project decently. For the arm pod/battery pack, I used some hollowed out PVC pipe capped it with some styrene strips, then placed some barrels in a tri-barrel configuration. The more I look at the setup, I think I want to cut the barrels down more just to balance things out a bit. I also need to point the LEDs forward as opposed to pointing down. There are a few other modifications I’ll probably make as I look at the mock up more. But for now…

airman_prog%20043_jpg.jpg airman_prog%20045_jpg.jpg