Aug 282017
 

This has been a long while since I have had enough material to make a post. I’ve been slowly progressing with the kit over the past 6 to 7 weeks. I haven’t really had much time to get a good foothold on the project, but this weekend fixed that. I had finished a release at work and the wife was busy with other commitments; which left me to my own devices. And those devices gets the resin sanded and painted.

Here is a quick little catch up from when I first started on the project. I had gotten it pinned and test fitted. Next, I took it apart and did some initial sanding to remove most of the visible nubs, mold lines, and resin boogers. After that initial sanding, the whole kit is dropped into some industrial strength cleaning fluid for at least the night to a few days. This makes sure that any residual mold release is dissolved. The mold release agents are made to keep things from sticking to the resin, and paint is one of those things that the agent will keep from playing nicely.

Continue reading »

Feb 262015
 

I’ve been asked the question off and on about how I mix skin tone so here’s a 28 minute long video on that process. I use a basic starter recipe from Cody’s Coop which uses white base, yellow orange, red, and a touch of light blue. From this basic formula, I mix these four colors until I am satisfied with the skin tone. I mix a fairly large batch of a base dark skin tone, and from there, make a mix that is airbrush ready as well as lighter shades of the skin tone.

Nov 112008
 

Asagi project finished in fairly short order. The kit arrived at the end of August and I had her pinned and sitting on my work bench from then until the beginning of November when I returned to the kit. The engineering and forethought into the design of the kit was simply amazing and that attributed to the speed at which this kit was completed. This was a very straight forward build and not much in the way of having to build sub sections, that are then build around, etc etc. Short and sweet kit.

asagi 033_jpg.jpg asagi 012_jpg.jpg asagi 022_jpg.jpg

Continue reading »

Nov 112008
 

I’m in the home stretch… actually, I think I finished. I may have a few touch ups here and there, but last night I pretty much got all the final detail work done. The sword was finished, and I masked off and painted the last details on the main body….

asagi_prog 237_jpg.jpg asagi_prog 232_jpg.jpg

Continue reading »

Nov 102008
 

A good amount of work was accomplished over the weekend. I got the arms and legs done; and I finished painting and weathering the base.

asagi_prog 231_jpg.jpg asagi_prog 223_jpg.jpg

Continue reading »

Nov 072008
 

Not much of an update since I wanted the allow the flat coat on the skin parts as well as the clear purple on the appendages cure for a few days before masking them off and continuing with the painting. So I opted for painting the eyes and face details for Asagi last night. Below is the basic start and end points.

asagi_prog 138_jpg.jpg asagi_prog 175_jpg.jpg

Continue reading »

Nov 062008
 

Last night saw very little paint work as I sprayed areola detail and the final flat clear coat over the main body’s skin areas to seal in the decal as well as flatten the skin tone to match that of the other skin parts. These parts will need a few days to cure before I move on towards masking and painting the rest of the kit. So tonight was the perfect night to do the nylon stockings…

asagi_prog 117_jpg.jpg asagi_prog 135_jpg.jpg

Continue reading »