So after many question, and my own promises of taking pictures and posting up a tutorial on what I did. Here are the steps done to convert a paint pressure pot to a resin casting pressure pot. The first picture is the complete setup; there are a few things that need to be attached to the out of the box pressure pot. Several fittings need to be added to plug up the various ends of the pot and an optional modification will help make the pot easier to use for casting larger items.
Starting with the optional modification. The pot has a metal tube that runs down the pot for extracting paint. I cut this tube out with a pipe cutting tool. Since the tube runs down the pot, removing it allows for casting of bigger items. The pot can be used with the tube in place, but in my uses, I have found that the tube just gets in the way.
Next I plugged up the exterior end of where the metal tube is attached. This is the end where a hose attachment that leads to a paint gun is attached for spraying paint. So this end needs to be closed up. The connection end is a 3/8″ pneumatic male connection. Since I wanted to use a drain valve that is a 1/4″ fitting, I needed to get an adapter fitting from 3/8″ to 1/4″. From there I have a coupler for which the drain valve is attached.
Next up, is the regulator/gauge setup. I plugged both ends with quick connect female ends. These are both 1/4″ fittings. I can then connect from the compressor to one of these ends, and with everything plugged up tightly, I can start pressure casting.