Oct 302008
 

Lets try this again. I hit the gym, and late last night i got around to sanding the cursed part. The miliput actually worked out quite well and I didn’t have to do much sanding. I will have to remember to use the stuff on my next project since one of the two parts of the miliput has a nice layer of oxidation around it that needs to be cut away before mixing. When storing miliput, use some ziplog bags to reduce the oxidation and preserve the life of this rather expensive putty.

kanu1_6_prog 302_jpg.jpg kanu1_6_prog 303_jpg.jpg

With the sanding taken care of, I went right into the base coat. I completely skipped the primer as the base coat was dark enough to cover all the color variations. I took care not to spray the ribbon and keep the paint within areas that needed it; thereby keeping most of the decals unscathed.

kanu1_6_prog 305_jpg.jpg kanu1_6_prog 307_jpg.jpg

Allowing the paint to breath for about 15 minutes or so, I went in with the white. A few touch ups to the red was necessary as there was some slight over spray with the white, but in general, I think the repair session went smoothly. I could have taken a little more time, but I just want to be done with the damn thing and move on to another project.

kanu1_6_prog 308_jpg.jpg kanu1_6_prog 309_jpg.jpg kanu1_6_prog 310_jpg.jpg

And if I can keep from fucking up again, I’ll probably take completion pictures tonight.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: